We provide a broad profiling of hydrophilic metabolites with our Capillary Electrophoresis Mass Spectrometric (CE-MS) platforms, adding additional hydrophobic metabolites with our LC-MS platform to capture a wide variety of metabolites and pathways.
Basic Scan / Dual Scan – Multipurpose Profiling for Global Metabolism
Global metabolic profiling targets more than 1,200 metabolites involved in primary and secondary metabolism pathways shared by many organisms.
Our unique CE-MS analysis provides accurate and robust profiling including the metabolism of sugars, amino acids, nucleotides, lipids, and stress response biomarkers. Together with CE-MS, LC-MS based lipidomics provides changes in lipid turnover engaged in cellular energy and signaling pathways.
This package is useful for researchers in a variety of areas and sample species.
- Global measurement of > 1,200 metabolites involved in primary and secondary metabolism Basic Scan: CE-MS analysis of sugars, amino acids, nucleotides and other ionic metabolites Dual Scan: LC-MS analysis of fatty acids, steroids and other lipids in addition to Basic Scan
- Report including pathway mapping, PCA, HCA and statistical analysis
- Suitable for a variety of research areas including medical, agriculture, bioprocessing, etc.
Advanced Scan – Ultimate Metabolomics for Biomarker Discovery
Our Advanced profiling mode covers the complete metabolome including unknown metabolites observed in CE-TOFMS data analysis. In addition to cell derived metabolites, peptides, exogenous compounds, and disease specific novel compounds will be detected and screened as biomarkers for disease or bioprocessing.
All projects are performed under QC conditions based on established SOPs and experience of over 10 years of operation. Together with multivariate and statistical analysis, this package is the ultimate tool for biomarker screening and metabolism based profiling.
- Profiling of whole compounds measured by CE-MS including unknown metabolites
- Unknown compounds accompany precise m/z assisting the prediction of chemical structure
- Report including pathway mapping, PCA, HCA, statistical analysis and follow up discussion
- Suitable for biomarker screening and metabolome based profiling
Mediator Scan – Targeted for Signaling and the Inflammasome
In contrast to the LC-MS method for Dual Scan, M-SCAN represents a novel targeted method for measuring lipid mediators, critical signaling modulators involved in many pathways such as inflammation, allergic response, oxidative stress, and the various metabolic diseases.
The sample protocol for M-SCAN also minimizes large triglycerides in favor of 400 lipid mediators. While the current protocol is designed for relative expression, quantitative profiling for selected lipids can be requested by our clients.
M-Scan Targets Include:
- Fatty acid-derived – prostaglandins, thromboxanes, leukotrienes, lipoxins etc.
- Phosphate structures – platelet activating factors, endogenous cannabinoids (anandamide, 2-acylglycerol), lysophosphatidic acids, lysophotidylcholines, lysophosphatidylserines, sphingosine-1-phosphates etc.
- Sterol structures – glucocorticoids (glucose corticoid), aldosterones (mineral corticoid), sex steroids (estrogen, androgen etc.), bile acids, vitamin D, etc.
Lipid mediators have a wide variety of effects on physiological functions, including immunity, biological defense, blood-pressure regulation, pain or fever, gastrointestinal tract activity and growth, division, and differential regulation of cells. Many diseases are associated with failure in functional balance of such effects. A large portion of lipid mediators act by binding with G-protein coupled receptors found on the cell membrane. Meanwhile, steroid hormones, vitamin A, vitamin D, and others bind with nuclear receptors and induce gene expression changes.